If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Easter eggs and April goals and lists, lists, lists

Good morning, 
We had fun on Sunday. First was church, and then we 
Ate eggs



Colored eggs 

And had an indoor egg hunt with plastic eggs because  we’re having cold, wet, windy weather and it just wasn’t nice enough for an outdoor hunt. 


Son Bobby couldn’t be here for Easter but before the holiday, he brought us 2 bunny butter sculptures from Winco.  It was just fun have fancy butter and it was very good tasting butter too. 


Our Easter Menu- 
Ham from Aldi- my husband smoked it on the patio 
Rolls from Aldi and Bunny shaped butters from my son 
Deviled eggs 
Pickle tray 
Fruit tray -my brother 
Fresh spinach salad - Jimmy and JohnMark 
Corn casserole in crockpot 
Green beans in crockpot 
Carrot cupcakes -Nina 
Blackberry pie, apple pie- my dad 
Tea- lemonade 

I had help and I planned make ahead things that would be ready to eat at noon when we got home from church 




I usually plan a weekly to do list and this April, I’m trying a list of goals for this month. 


Our pantry and freezer are just too full (and messy) so I plan to continue using foods from them all month and buying just fresh produce and dairy items as needed.  

I want to finish all those sleeping shorts. 
I got a brand new sewing machine in December but I haven’t even used it.  I keep using my old machine as I haven’t had time to sit and follow the instructions to learn how to use the new machine.  The new Brother one has a lot more functions than my old Necchi one.  So, learning the new machine is an April goal.  


To keep track of April goals, I found this free printable sheet.  
It’s great for the daily things,  

https://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/photo-gallery/44467993/image/44468164/Download-Monthly-Goal-Tracker


Here’s my weekly to-do list, not pretty but functional 


The question mark this week is the public teacher issue- they are striking for now and it’s unsure how long it will last.  So, I had 3 grandchildren here on Monday.  We stayed pretty busy in the morning going to visit my parents and brother and then we went to this little guy’s school where they are serving meals during the walkout.  
We went for lunch and my three really enjoyed the school cafeteria.  
The cafeteria is also serving breakfast but my 3 were their first diners all day.  While we were there, 2 others came and that was all. 
They offer the free meals because they think there is a need in the community for it but I’m not sure. 
Anyway, we went because the kiddos wanted to and they are missing their teachers and friends.  They got lots of attention from the support staff members that are still working and they  got a good lunch that I didn’t have to prepare or clean up. 
Later in the day, the school system nutrition director asked on Facebook for people to please bring their children for the meals.  If children don’t come, the schools don’t get reimbursed.  

Then we had rest time.  JJ, who is almost 5, had such a busy Easter weekend and Monday morning, he pretty much passed out once he laid down. ❤️ 


❤️
Hope you all have a good week! 

9 comments:

  1. Great goals they look like mine. As in lose 10 lbs. Love the bunny butter. How cute is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals -I would love to lose 10 pounds too! I'm trying to just eat healthy and see how that goes. I hope the teachers get their pay raise, they need it. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of their meal. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a lovely Easter despite the weather and had lots of yummy food to eat! I need to lose some weight also and am attempting to. My doctor said a pound a month would be good for me since I really can't exercise much and that makes it super tough to lose any weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our ham went in the smoker, too. Wow that is good ham.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your goal list looks very similar to mine! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the losing 10 lbs! Let's all lose 10!!! What a great goal:)

    Those deviled eggs look great. I didn't get around to making them this year. Most of the extended family was on vacation in Mexico all week, and I cooked the meal this time. So a couple of traditional things didn't get done. Like the eggs and mashed potatoes. However, we had more than plenty to eat.

    We did not even dye eggs at my house this year. Things are certainly changing as the kids get older. My husband had the week off, as he works at a school and it was spring break, so we got a ton of projects done, plus a short trip at the beginning of the time off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some great plans for this month. I had one of the Aldi hams, too. Delicious.
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in on losing 10 pounds. I'm trying but with all of the candy around it is hard. I have very little self control with chocolate.
    That is really nice that the school is offering free meals. I would take full advantage of it. Like you said you don't have to cook or clean up. That is a win in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Easter! And a good goal list. Here I am on the 8th and I am still finalising my goal list. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐