If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Friday, March 3, 2017

Getting ready for the weekend..........With a wee helper

hello everyone,  since we still had so much fresh produce, I decided to use while it was still usable.

I made a big salad to eat as we want to over the weekend.
I also made a sandwich topping box and added the last 3  pickle spears in one jar and some olives from another big jar because I know my husband likes them.

I think my little "helper" likes olives too 😍

We drink a lot of iced tea, always unsweetened.  I make it in a coffee machine.  
I put one gallon of water in a pitcher, then fill up the coffee maker tank with part of it. 
I put 6 small tea bags in the machine and brew it one cycle.  
Then pour the brewed tea into the gallon pitcher.  It keeps stored in the fridge for 3 days before I think it goes bitter.  






I also made some peanut butter and jelly "uncrustables" sandwiches for the freezer.  

I prefer to use a thin layer of smooth PB of each slice of bread, then jelly on one side and after the sandwiches are assembled, I cut off the crusts.  That's just a preference, not a necessity.
Each sandwich is sealed in a sandwich bag and then I corral all of them in a big zipper bag before I put them in the freezer.



Our little Jackson likes them. 
And some days with an almost two year old along, even making a sandwich can sound like a daunting task.  

Hope you all have a great weekend.  

I'm already planning my next post - a big commissary grocery haul.  

14 comments:

  1. Good Evening Mrs. Rhonda,

    Your salad looks yummy. When I store ready made salad, I store chopped tomatoes separate to keep the salad from getting soggy. I think your idea of placing the bowl of tomatoes directly in the salad container is a GENIUS idea - I'll have to adopt that one, if you don't mind. Thanks for sharing so many practical tips with your readers.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mrs. B,
      I'm no genius, I just don't like soggy salads. 😂

      Delete
  2. I need to make a sandwich topping container. Some days I skip the lettuce because I don't feel like messing with it. Lazy, yes, but it is what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi, I would never classify you as lazy.

      Delete
  3. You're so organized Rhonda. That salad looks delicious.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like big salads with everything in them. Well done for using up the veggies before they go bad and also for freezing the sandwiches. I'd never thinking of freezing pbj sandwiches but that is a great idea. Especially with little ones around. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the big salad!!!
    Enjoy your weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also drink a lot of green tea, unsweetened. Making sandwiches ahead of time sounds like a great idea when little ones are near.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those sandwiches would be so great to just grab and go. Lots of times with Layla, she grazes through the day rather than bigger meals, so I like to have a snack along for her just in case.
    I have a big bowl of salad in my frig, but I think I'll make a sandwich toppings box as well. What a smart idea! I don't refrigerate tomatoes, but have a bowl of little cherry tomatoes on the counter (called "flavor bombs") and Brad will just grab a few every time he walks by. He has loved tomatoes since his toddler days and considers them a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, I know the experts say to not refrigerate tomatoes but I do. Elizabeth is our biggest tomato fan, she could eat a pound of them in one sitting,

      Delete
    2. We just don't eat them fast enough, so if they're in the frig they get mushy. Not a judgement on your methods. LOL.
      Working on putting together a sandwich box today and I had to come back here to see what all you had in yours. :) I'm a copycat.

      Delete
  8. Hi! I'm enjoying your blog so much. Love the organized salad box.
    I usually have a salad in the frig too but I like the idea of the separation of things too.
    Where did you find your salad and seperate items containers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello LaurieS,
      The big containers are just from Dollar Tree. The tomatoes are in a small bowl from our Corelle dishes.
      The sandwich toppings are just oddball plastic containers from here and there,
      You could use anything you have, as long the small dishes are shallow enough to fit inside the bigger dish,

      Delete
  9. I love how you meal prep. It sure does make life easier, especially with a little one in tow. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐