If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Dishes to go

Happy first day of May everyone.

One day last week we took supper to my parent's retirement apartment and my daughter and her family also ate there.  Last week was especially busy so we prepared a very simple meal.  My husband cooked 2 whole chickens in his barbecue rotisserie.  I added green beans and quick cheddar cheese bread.  

I increased this recipe by 50% so it would fill up the Pampered Chef mini 4 loaf pan.  
I clipped this recipe from a magazine, probably 20 years ago and have baked it many times.  It is especially good still warm from the oven.  



Today our church had a family meal and communion service. 

I made banana pudding cups.  I ordered some 6 ounce portion cups on Amazon for them and they were just the right size.  
I also made 2 trays of fresh fruit skewers. 

My husband grilled meat provided by the church - 2 trays of chicken legs 
And 2 pans of pork loin.  
We attend a tiny church in a tiny town a short drive from our home.  
The auditorium was turned into the banquet room and the 2 ladies in charge did just  a beautiful job in this very humble little building. 

Grandsons Gavin and Braeden liked the food and fellowship too.  

Happy May Day everyone! 

18 comments:

  1. Your food you took to the church dinner looks yummy. I just copied your bread recipe and going to go make it now. I have a new pork lion recipe in crockpot with potatoes and was going to do rolls but will try this! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana, I hope you all like this bread as much we do.

      Delete
    2. I made a loaf Sunday night and used Colby jack and made another last night with Cheddar. The guys love it!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to try the cheddar bread it looks so delicious. The rest does too!
    I love the way you made all your food easy cleanup -it helps everyone! What good look grandsons you have! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie, I think my grandsons are good looking too.
      I do try to clean up as I go when I cook and we bought the foil pans for the church meal knowing it would make clean up easier.

      Delete
    2. Rhonda I made your cheddar bread yesterday-we loved it! Thanks so much for the recipe.

      Delete
  3. How beautiful! What a nice way to fellowship. The food you and your husband prepared looks delicious! Is it just me or can you smell it just by looking at the pictures?! :)
    I am copying your cheese bread recipe, if you don't mind. Thank you very much for sharing it! :)
    Those boys are such cuties- you can tell your grandson has a lot of personality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, no I don't think you can smell it from the photos but you can still smell the barbecue in my husband's car. Thankfully it is a good smell but it's still really strong even after Febreeze,
      I am glad you copied the recipe and I hope your family likes it too.
      We have 7 grands, age 7 and under and everyone of them have very different personalities. We are crazy about all of them :)

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so good!
    I'm glad you had a nice day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a marvellous job with the food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I am like Dawn and am pretty sure I can smell the grilled meats! I love the individual banana puddings. Using the 6 oz cups was a brilliant idea.
    Your grandchildren are all adorable. Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, the portion cups were fun to fill and sure made transporting the pudding to church easy. We use real dishes at home but for big groups, disposable ones are just so easy and convenient. I think they look cute too

      Delete
  7. Wow! You've been busy. I want to try that cheese bread. Pinning the recipe for later when I'm ready to eat a little bread. I'm trying to cut back right now so that I can cut back on my size. ~smile~

    Your food looks delicious, and the tables looked so nice. Right now we are in a very big church. I miss small church days, but we are finding friendships.

    Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    P.S. Thanks for talking back. It's so nice to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, we have attended both big and small churches and both have their places. Right now, this tiny church suits us perfectly.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐