If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A jumbled up post about what I've been up to

Bargains 

I don't buy much at Walmart but I do seem to need to go there once a week or so for something we can't buy other places.  I always look at their clearance aisle when I do go. 
Last week, I found these children socks for $1 a package
And today, I found more little girl socks for 50 cents a package! These all have 6 pairs in each bundle
Aren't the owl ones so cute?

Cooking

My husband picked out this Butterball oven ready turkey breast a few weeks ago.
It sure came in handy when I needed to cook a meal for seven with not much notice.

In the package is a whole turkey breast on the bone wrapped in an oven bag and a bag of gravy mix.
It was so quick and easy to just put that turkey in the oven to bake.  It baked for about 3 hours while I cooked a few simple sides and played with my grandsons. 
I don't have a photo of the cooked turkey but it turned out great! It was moist and delicious and so easy.  I will be buying this again! 


Crafting
I helped my grandsons make these acorn inspired crafts. Their mother sent the photo above for inspiration and their other grandmother sent some tiny acorns.
So, we found some ribbon and Pom poms in the craft room and started crafting.
After separating the acorn caps from the we used fabric-tac glue to adhere the pompoms and ribbon to the acorn caps. 
Cute and fun! 
Here are the boys busy with crafts last week.


Sewing 
My son wears suits every weekday and he just got 3 new ones. One was mail ordered, one is from Nordstrom Rack and the other one, a Ralph Lauren pinstripe, is from a local salvage store and was just $40.  All the coats fit but the pants needed hemmed and I was happy to do that. 
Suits can cost a bundle and I think he ended up with 3 nice ones at much less than retail.


This is a terrible photo of 2 denim aprons I sewed for myself, the necks and pockets are finished with some vintage bias tape. One is blue polka dots and the other is red checks and yellow calico.



This little guy kept me busy most of today. Who needs toys when there is a big box to play in?

About the wipes, I have changed many diapers in the last 5 years and used many brands of wipes.  Huggies wipes are thick and moist and by far my favorite brand. 
I get them by subscription from Amazon- that big box comes every 2 months for about $9-$10. 
The shipping box is really fun too. 

24 comments:

  1. Love the post. I have never seen the turkey breast in the bag. I will be looking for one to keep here.

    Am still in awe of the deals you score at walmart. I visit the clearance aisle at my store and never find anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, I hope your family enjoys th turkey as much as we all did.

      Delete
  2. There's never a dull moment :-) I don't get to Walmart that often and I'm not sure we have a clearance aisle or section. I will have to look for one next time if I can remember. Your grand kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful, our home is often very active, but it is dull when just my husband and I are home and resting- which we need plenty of rest sometimes!
      Thank you for compliment on my grands :)

      Delete
  3. Never a dull day at your house :) I will have to give that Turkey a try, I saw then at the grocery one day but just went right on by. Love all the fall kids crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, that bag turkey would be great for you. I know you feed your family on a short notice sometimes too

      Delete
  4. I think we all need to move to OK! You find the best deals at Wal-Mart and seems your thrift stores really get nice stuff! I am heading to town today and after the doctor I will check our Wal-Mart for soxs. The fall crafts are neat. Turkey-yummy. Love your grandsons hair--a cutie! Teigan will be 11 months on Christmas so I know she will have fun with the paper and boxes. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana, hope you find some deals at Walmart.

      Yes, Teigan will enjoy Christmas and especially the paper and lights.m

      Delete
  5. Nice find on the socks! I agree that Huggies wipes are the best. They are the only ones that I used. It looks like the grands have lots of fun at your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendi, I guess our great minds think alike on one more thing, Huggies wipes :)

      Delete
  6. I love the aprons! How did you find the sale on the socks? Do they have a marked down place in that department?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my Walmart, there are usually 2 clearance sections. One a aisle just for clearance over by cosmetics.
      The other area is racks in the action aisle that has men's and boys on one side and shoes and lingerie on the other. This is the hot spot in my Walmart where I always look. It also seems like the day shift workers do markdowns in the late morning. So if I need to go to Walmart, I try to go then.
      I don't think markdowns are done uniformly in every store though.

      I do know finding bargains that my family needs is lots of fun and I wish you all could find the same deals,

      Delete
  7. Wow, busy lady. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always so busy with all kinds of homemaking things - which is wonderful! Your grandkids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie. We are both at home people, right?

      Delete
  9. Cute post...I was wishing I had socks like that for me, ha ha...then admiring the little ones with their crafting and last little baby-n-a-box...priceless :) Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing bargains! I just discovered your blog. I love all your ways to save and get things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel, I just discovered your blog too and it is so sweet :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ronda. I just love the name of your blog and whole idea of it. I will be sending some people your way. I will mention you in my blog this week, probably Friday and on a forum Im on. Have a great week. Lovey to "meet" you! xx

      Delete
  11. What a great deal on the socks! I'll be looking for one of those turkey breast when I grocery shop next week. I don't usually buy a whole turkey for Thanksgiving since it is just three of us, but I did last year and had turkey coming out of my ears that I ended up having to freeze.

    Just curious, did you hem the suit pants by hand or machine? My husband has a pair of suit pants needing to be hemmed, but when we bought them, they did the machine blind stitch. I just can't seemed to master that stitch on scrap fabric and too afraid to try with those pants. I guess it's time for me to get out the needle and thread.

    Those blonde curls and sweet smile, makes my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐