If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sweet things to share


I did some baking this week - most of it was shared with my parents and brothers. 
Carrot bread, oatmeal cookies, granola bars, and a can of roasted pecans
These oatmeal cookies from allrecipes.com are so quick to mix up and really good. 
I used pecans instead of raisins. 

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oatmeal-Raisin-Cookies-IX/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=oatmeal%20raisin%20cookies&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page&soid=sr_results_p1i12

I tripled this carrot bread recipe and it made 2 big 9 inch loaves. It is really good too, kind of like carrot cake but less sweet. I mixed in chopped pecans instead of sprinkling them on top. 
Also, the 2 big loaves needed more than an hour to bake done. 

This granola bar recipe is a new one that I tried and turned out great. They would be a good lunchbox treat. They come out crunchy and chewy, like the store bought kind, but they taste so much better, 

Mix 4 cups of quick oatmeal and 2 cups of rice crispy type cereal in a big bowl. 
In a small saucepan, heat 1 stick real butter, 1/2 cup honey and 2/3 cup brown sugar. Stir often over medium heat. When it starts a low bubble, let it cook for 2 more minutes. 
Now, pour the cooked syrup over the cereals and mix well, I used a rubber spatula. 
Press mixture into a greased 13x19 pan. 
Top with chocolate chips, nuts, coconut, whatever you like. Press in so they adhere. 
Now chill for 20 minutes or so and then they will slice nicely. 
It will make 18 good sized bars or you can cut them smaller.

These 2 sweet Grandsons thought the carrot bread was yummy

JJ - a photo of him that is just sweet....

9 comments:

  1. What sweet pictures of the grands! Megan sometimes takes in a granola bar for her morning snack. I am going to make these and see what she thinks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose blond curls at the end! Aw. All the recipes look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delicious. I bet your family enjoyed all the baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my it all looks so yummy and your grandsons are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the granola bar recipe. My husband isn't eating any wheat and I've been on the lookout for wheat free snacks. I made them yesterday and my husband loved them! It definitely a keeper recipe. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like the little ones agree quite heartily that the recipes were good! :) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did a lot of baking! I haven't baked in a long time because 1) I hate turning on my oven in the summer, and 2) I would eat too much of it! As you know, it's just me and Brian here now. And he's not much of a sweet's eater - unless it's something like banana or zucchini bread. I did make him a banana cake for his bday a few weeks ago though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cuties! I bet everything was delicious! We've been doing a lot of making and baking around her. My daughter is trying her hand at making gummies today. Well she tried a few days ago but those didn't set up. This batch seems like they'll be better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum...makes me want a cup of coffee and a tasty treat. I'm looking forward to baking again this week - it's been awhile for me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐