If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Easy Sunday Lunch

I wanted to serve an easy and healthy lunch today. So, I chose one of our favorites
Make your own taco and salad bar. 


Fresh salsa
Just dice about 2 cups of tomatoes-I used little ones but usually dice 1-2 big ones
Also fine dice 1/2 a fresh jalapeño and some onion.
Add some diced cilantro- a little cilantro goes a long way. 
Season with a little garlic and salt and lemon or lime juice.
Chopped romaine and diced purple onion if anyone wants to do taco salad.
Beef and pork taco filling from the freezer- it looked much better once it was heated in the microwave.


I also put out ranch style beans, grated cheddar, sour cream, tortillas and tortilla chips. 
Some of us had soft tacos. One had nachos and some had taco salad. 
Dessert was fresh pineapple and cantaloupe slices. 

I don't want to work too hard on Sunday and I don't like eating out on Sunday either.  Today's meal was delicious and a good solution, 

What meals do you have that are easy to serve a group after being gone for church?


2 comments:

  1. We usually have brunch...pancakes or waffles with bacon and fruit. Omelettes are easy, too.

    You taco buffet looks yummy...definitely one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat with our church family each week; crockpots are used a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐