If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Thursday, July 19, 2012

When you can't find what you need locally.....

I've been baking almost all our bread this year.  
I want to start doing more whole wheat and whole grain breads but all the recipes I want to try call for vital wheat gluten.
So,  I shopped at the 2 biggest grocery stores in my town this weekend but neither one had vital wheat gluten.  

Then I turned to Amazon.com.  
I found several sellers with gluten at good prices.  



I ordered this giant can Sunday evening and the friendly UPS delivery man brought it  to my front door Tuesday afternoon.  That is really fast I think.  

Here's my ticket- just $12.59 - no delivery charge as it was covered with our Amazon Prime- for this giant can  about the  same size as a large can of  coffee or  canned fruit.  

I know gluten has a bad reputation and some people are allergic to it with really awful problems if they eat it.  


But if you are not,  then gluten added to your yeast baked goods makes them much lighter.  
Vital wheat gluten also has 35 grams of protein in just a quarter cup.  

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I have never tried the vital wheat gluten because I couldn't find it but that price really isn't bad. I also didn't know about the protein. Very good info for those of us who are not gluten sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honeyville has so many great products, I have enjoyed everything I have purchased from them. My bread recipes don't call for gluten. Look forward to seeing how it works for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wondered about using Amazon for ingredients but haven't tried them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping on amazon is always so easy and they usually have everything you could need! I hope the bread turns out well, homeade bread it so good!

    xoxo,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐