If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

mini Make Do & Mend

 Before
After
















I bought this little sofa-flip chair at a yard sale for $1.50.    I thought about completely recovering it but it would be very time consuming and I didn't want to invest that much time in something that will be outgrown in a short time. 
So I took the Dora slipcover off and washed it.  Then I thought maybe I could just cover up the Dora parts since I don't hate the lavender/butterfly background.
I looked in my stash and  found some patchwork looking fabric that has lavender and gold in it.  Then,  I just pinned the patchwork fabric over the Dora parts (with all the raw edges turned under)  and machine sewed it to the original slipcover. 

Now, it just looks like a child's sofa and not like an advertisement.  I know the grand babies will like it.  Elizabeth liked it with the awful Dora cover and Gavin liked it when he saw it without any cover on it. 

They will both be here soon,  and maybe they will pose on it and I can take a good picture of them. 
I am attending Heidi's party for Make Do and Mend at the Cranberry Chronicle

If you are making do and mending something,  I hope you will join us at the party too. 

3 comments:

  1. This is great...not only a real bargain but a fantastic reworking too. I think the fabric you used is perfect with the parts you did like on the sofa. Did the grandkids like it?

    You are more than more than welcome to use my tiny guest bedroom at Cranberry Cottage when you visit but please do not fall out of the bed, low or not. :-)

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it in the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐