If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

a very pleasant forecast

after 14 straight days of 100+ degree HOT days in August, a "cold front"  came down from the north and is spending some time in our state.




It is so much cooler now, not even 80 degrees and very breezy. So, I turned off that very overworked central air conditioner and opened a few windows. The fresh air in the house is very welcome and it is even cooler with the windows open than with the AC on.

Little Gavin is with me today. He takes good naps so I have got a few things done today.

One chore was the ironing, another was ruthlessly cleaning out some craft supplies and also working on  a bulletin board for the grandchildrens play area. The play area is coming along - I'll post pictures later. However, no progress in the dining room. I am still thinking.....


Supper will be Swiss steak with lots of carrots, onions and tomatoes on top with baked potatoes and fresh fruit for dessert.  Finally, it is not too hot to turn on the oven  :)

8 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' this cooler weather! Can't wait for autumn to arrive!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we got some cooler weather today too and even a few sprinkles. I'm gonna love it when Fall arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today is the first day in months that we turned off the AC and opened up the house. It felt wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been productive today! Enjoy the cooler temps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were cooler today too. A nice breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah ... we're enjoying this front, too! Isn't it wonderful? Especially in August! It'll be GREAT to sleep these next couple of nights (at least) with the windows OPEN. :) Hope you enjoyed all your projects and having Gavin with you. Your supper sounds delicious! That sounds more like what my mom made for Swiss steak - she'd put onions, carrots, celery and tomatoes on hers. She'd even put the stuff from the bottom of the skillet on the serving platter, and my dad and I would FIGHT over it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're with you on the cool front! After 107 on Monday, I'm loving low 90s! I seriously am ready for October. Make that mid-October, when we have a chance of weather cool enough to turn off the AC and open some windows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a perfectly lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐