If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

If you do stuff, stuff gets done.......

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Catfish and a mystery

We are still pretty much dieting at this house but on Saturdays, we eat what we want -with in reason anyway.
Tonight, we are going to have fried catfish with a few hush puppies and a big green salad.
The catfish was caught, cleaned and packaged by my parents, brother and cousins that like to fish. 
They usually go on 2 annual fishing trips in Arkansas, one in the summer and one in the fall. 
 I don't like to fish and don't really like to camp - but I do like to eat fish! 


The mystery is that our sink stopper disappeared.  I am not sure what day I noticed it was missing but I've looked every place I thought it could possibly be and have not found it.  How many places could a stopper be anyway?   I never use mine for anything else except to occasionally run it through the dishwasher. 
Jeff thinks I probably threw it in the trash by mistake.

But whatever,  we will be stopping at Lowes on the next trip to town to get a new one. 


If you are wondering why I did not post much this week - here is why. 
Sweet Elizabeth, 2 months, and Cute Gavin, 18 months, have been spending some of their days with me while their mommas and daddies go to work. 

8 comments:

  1. Maybe Gavin hid it! LOL

    They are so cute and both getting so big! Gavin has really grown since I have gotten to know you. LOVE that look Elizabeth is giving him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks at those cheeks on Elizabeth! LOL! She and Gavin are adorable! Suddenly Gavin looks all grown up, doesn't he?

    Love fried fish! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy! Looking after such sweet little ones, what fun. Good for you for sticking to your diets. I made some cabbage soup and ate it for three days and then we left for our holidays. So it didn't last very long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one busy mom and grandma. It's amazing how you do so much. I think it's wonderful that you help your children and grandchildren as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely have your hands full, but those two are definitely cuties and I bet you love every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your grandbabies are adorable! I love fried catfish -- it's probably one of my favorite fish dishes that I love to get when I go out. Unfortunately, I've never be able to make it as good at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rhonda,
    I don't like to fish either. The grandbabies are so cute. You have been busy. I bet Theo is a little jealous. Miss Candi would be so very mad. She likes having me all to herself. :)
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! What a great photo of them. The look on her face is priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by today ❤️
Because of so many spam comments, I’m forced to moderate all comments. I know it’s a bother. I’m sorry but y’all don’t want to read their marketing or trash either. I’m sorry 😐